Friday, July 10, 2009

Safe Sunscreen


While living overseas, I learned that there are many active ingredients used in health and beauty products in the United States that are completely banned for use across Europe. The horror! As a result, I am constantly seeking out safe and effective products for me and my family, and that includes sunscreen. Many of the organic, chemical-free sunscreens offered are available online, but difficult to find otherwise. I found a brand called Lavera that is sold at Whole Foods and other organic and non-organic retailers in the US (including Longs Drugs and Costco!). Lavera's sunscreen is mineral-based, waterproof and ideal for sensitive skin. Most importantly, it's effective. Try it.

(Check out www.ewg.org for the latest and greatest in information about living a more safe and chemical-free lifestyle).

No comments:

Post a Comment