Sunday, July 12, 2009

Riding in Style



There is no question that bicycles are becoming extremely fashionable, and could be considered the new urban it accessory. I have a certain fondness for the old-fashioned, handmade English variety called Pashley (pictured). While we lived in London I rode my cute, black Pashley Princess all over town and often opted for it over our much faster, European-made station wagon. After all, our station wagon didn't have a cute wicker basket for groceries. Sadly, I sold my Pashley shortly before we moved back to the United States. I thought my already-owned road bike and triathlon bike would serve me a little better in the uber-athletic Marin County. I was wrong and I miss my Pashley! As I watch other moms and dads cruising through the farmers market and to and from town on their trusty two-wheeled companions, I think it's definitely time for a new, cute, cruising bike.

(Also looking for a bike? Try your nearest flea market for an old-fashioned type. Or, check out www.performancebike.com for the Schwinn Sid Coasting Bike).

No comments:

Post a Comment